Translate this post

Saturday 17 December 2016

Coming "Home"

My first day back in Australia was only administrative. I renewed my driving licence. Which was relatively easy given it expired less than 6 years ago.....just! After June 2017, I would have had to re-done the written and practical parts. Phew. In fact I was even impressed with the friendly staff at the RTA office.

Then it was off to Medicare (medical insurance) to get cards for me and the girls. After a long wait they were issued and it was off to get a local SIM card for my phone. I was then ready for a quick afternoon swim at the beach to refresh.

We were then spoilt with a lovely meal at a local Seafood restaurant. My Dad and I shared a whole grilled barramundi and large plate of Moreton Bay Bugs.....delicious. We sat outside and enjoyed the whole alfresco experience. What a great start to our adventures here.

The morning "home schooling" has been relatively painful for us inexperienced adults. But we felt it
was important that they keep up some schooling (maths and German/English) whilst their counterparts are still attending school. Thus the blog is also a way for them to write actively for friends and family to follow our adventures.

Its not all work, there has been more than enough time to get down to the beach and refine boogie boarding skills. We also went for a tour of their new school (German International School) that they will attend February - June 2017, ate an enormous amount of Frozen Yogurt at a friends shop and extensive clothes shopping (a whole season of Aussie style clothes purchased) thanks to the Aussie Oma. So all in all a busy but fun start to living Down Under.

Ron and I are practising to join the "Bold and the Beautiful" Manly ocean swim - our aim is to be ready for December 24th.....

No comments:

Post a Comment